The Lake House on Canandaigua (the “Lake House,” “us,” “we,” “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy. We want you to understand how we use and disclose your information so you can interact with us with confidence. By using our website (the “Site”), you consent to the collection, use, disclosure, and storage of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
I. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you provide directly to us
Personal Information is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We may collect the following types of personal Information in both an online and offline context, when providing you with our products and services:
- Postal Address
- Billing Address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number or other payment data
- Language preference
- Marital status
- Date and place of birth
- Nationality, passport, visa, or other government-issued identification data
- Important dates, such as birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions
- Travel itinerary
- Prior guest stays or interactions
- Geolocation information
- Social media account ID, profile photo, and other data publicly available
We may the following types of Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Images and video and audio data via security cameras located in public areas on our property
- Guest preference and personalized data such as your interests, activities, hobbies, food and beverage choices, services, and amenities of which you advise us or which we earn about during your visit.
Information we collect automatically
We may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, pixels, and web beacons to collect the following information:
- IP Address
- Operating system or platform
- Language preferences
- Internet browser type and version
- Browser type
- Duration of visit to the Site
- Pages visited
- Links you click on
II. CHANGES TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. Please keep us informed if your Personal Information changes.
III. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information is collected in a variety of ways, including:
- On our Site. Personal Information is collected on our Site or through an affiliate booking website. This includes:
Purchasing goods or services through the Site or in-person
Communication via email
Connect or post to social media related to the properties
Participate in a survey, contest, or promotional offer
- Property Visits. Personal Information is collected when guests visit our properties or use on-property services, such as:
Restaurants and Bars
- Offline Interactions. Personal Information is collected when individuals attend promotional events that we host or in which we participate, or when you provide your Personal Information to facilitate an event.
- Reservations and Customer Service Centers. Personal Information is collected is when you make a reservation over the phone or communicate with us by email, fax, or contact customer service. These communications may be recorded for purposes of quality assurance and training.
- Other Sources. Personal Information is also collected from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, and other third parties.
- Internet-Connected Devices. Personal Information is collected from internet-connected devices available in our properties. For example, a smart assistant device may be available for your use and to tailor your accommodations and experience.
We collect automatically-collected data in a variety of ways:
- Your browser or device. We collect certain data through your browser or automatically through your device.
- Cookies. We collect certain data from cookies, which are pieces of data stored directly on the computer or mobile device that you are using.
- Pixel Tags and other similar technologies. We collected data from pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs), which are used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Site.
- Aggregated Data. We may aggregate data that we have collected. This aggregated data will not personally identify you or any other user.
IV. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use Personal Information to provide you with services, to develop new offerings, and to protect the Lake House, and our guests as detailed below. In some instances, we will request that you provide Personal Information to us directly. If you do not provide the information that we request, or prohibit us from collecting such data, we may not be able to provide the requested services. We will let you know if this is ever the case.
We use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide services to you.
- To provide services requested by you.
- To provide our Site and its functionalities to you.
- To respond to your requests or questions.
- To offer and conduct promotions and contests.
- To conduct data analytics to support our Site and business.
- To manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing, and improving the services and the Site’s performance and functionality.
- To manage risk and protect the Site.
- To tailor our offerings to your apparent interest.
- To develop new products, services, and offers.
- To maintain our records.
- To market to you.
- For legal, contractual, and safety purposes.
- To conduct internal monitoring and training.
- For other purposes for which you provide your consent. We will use your information for other purposes which are disclosed to you at the time your information is collected or for purposes which can be inferred from or are obvious given the circumstances of collection.
V. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to provide you with the quality services you deserve, we may share your Personal Information with the following:
- Strategic Business Partners. We may disclose Personal Information with select Strategic Business Partners who provide goods, services and offers that enhance your experience at our properties or that we believe will be of interest to you. By sharing data with these Strategic Business Partners, we are able to make personalized services and unique travel experiences available to you.
- Trusted Service Providers or Vendors. To the extent legally permissible, we may disclose and/or exchange your Personal Information to third-party service providers (e.g., administrative services companies, marketing partners, application developers, data hosting, and processing providers) that assist us in our operations. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- Business Decisions. To the extent legally permissible, we may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Legal Compliance. We may disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to:
comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process (such as a subpoena), or enforceable government request;
enforce applicable Terms, including investigation of potential violations of such Terms, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and
protect against harms to the rights, property, or safety of the Lake House, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
VI. YOUR CHOICES
You can view, update, and delete certain information about your account and your interactions with us by visiting your account page or contacting us at the below information.
You have choices about the collection and use of your Personal Information. If you receive e-mail from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following instructions contained within the e-mail. Additionally, if we offer user account functionality on the Site, we may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us.
Your Personal Information as provided to us will be stored in a secure manner. We have implemented a variety of commercially standard encryption and security technologies and procedures to protect Your Personal Information stored in our computer systems from unauthorized access. Please be aware, however, that no data security measures can be guaranteed to be completely effective. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you provide to us. You transmit information to us at your own risk.
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
In specific circumstances, we may store your Personal Information for longer periods of time so that we have an accurate record your interactions and history with us.
IX. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Site may contain hyperlinks to third party websites and social media platforms. Once you have used these links to leave the Site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website or social media platform. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this Policy.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. Moreover, we are not responsible nor liable for the content of third party websites or platforms.
Our Site and related services are designed and intended for those who are at least 18 years old. By using the Services, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older. We are not responsible for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age.
XI. VISITORS FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION
For the purposes of applicable EU data protection laws, the Lake House is a data controller of any Personal Information about you. If you have any questions regarding our use of your Personal Information (including any requests to exercise your legal rights) or this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com or 770 S MAIN ST, CANANDAIGUA, NEW YORK, 14424.
You may have certain rights under European Union or Member State law or regulation. We have explained these individual rights and controls below. To exercise these rights and controls, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access: You may have the right to ask for a copy of the Personal Information that we hold about you.
- Correction: If there are any inaccuracies in the Personal Information we hold about you, please contact us to correct them.
- Deletion: If you would like us to delete your Personal Information, you may request that we delete it. Please note that this may not always be possible.
- Restrictions on use: In certain circumstances, you may request that we stop processing your Personal Information.
- Object: You may have the right to object to processing of your Personal Information.
- Request the transfer: You may have the right to transfer your Personal Information to another organization
- Withdrawal of consent: If you previously gave us your consent to allow us to process your Personal Information for a particular purpose, but you no longer wish to consent to us doing so, you can contact us to let us know that you withdraw that consent.
Our Site is hosted and operated in the United States (“US”). By using the Site, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to the US. If you are accessing our Services from outside the US, please be advised that US law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
XII. VISITORS FROM CALIFORNIA
California law allows California residents to ask companies with whom they have an established business relationship to provide certain information about the companies’ sharing of personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share any California consumer personal information with third parties for marketing purposes without consent.
California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices may contact us using the contact information set forth below.
XIII. UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We may occasionally update this Policy. When we do, we will also revise the “last updated” date at the beginning of the Policy. Your continued use of the Site after such changes will be subject to the then-current policy. If we change this Policy in a manner that is materially less restrictive of our use or disclosure of your Personal Information, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you of the change and to obtain your consent prior to applying the change to any of your Personal Information that we collected from you prior to the date the change becomes effective. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed about how we collect, use, and disclose your Personal Information.
XIV. CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the way we collect or handle your Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com. Our physical mailing address is:
770 S MAIN ST,
CANANDAIGUA, NEW YORK, 14424
We will take every privacy concern seriously and will assess it in a reasonably timely manner.
Lasted Updated: June 8, 2020